The Living Through Learning Foundation provides assistance with the assessment, evaluation and creation of school district programs for students with chronic health conditions.
Initial Assessment Plan
Background & Reason for Referral
- Medical history
- Educational history
- Learning & quality of life goals
Creation of Individualized Learning Plan
Recommendations for Learner, Parent & School:
- Academic Recommendations
- Psychosocial Recommendations
- Educational Technology Recommendations
- Strategies and suggestions for aligning divergent agendas
Implementation of Individualized Learning Program
- Professional development & training of teacher(s) & home bound instructors
- Training and instruction of parents and learner
- Implementation meeting with CST, family and district administration
Management of Individual Learning Program
- Virtual connections to the learner’s classroom for academic contact hrs (synchronous)
- Virtual connections to the learner’s school for socialization & peer interaction (synchronous)
- Virtual connections to museums, science centers, cultural centers, etc. (synchronous)
- On-line educational content and learning (asynchronous)
- Correspondence with CST, teachers, family, and learner to insure that the program is meeting the needs as outlined in the plan
Evaluation of Existing Individualized Learning Program
Parent, Student and School Administration Interviews:
- Have learning goals been met?
- Have quality of life goals been met?
- Recommendations & program improvements
- Creation & analysis of program survey
Please use our contact form to inquire about availability and rates.